Gina's Tech Jobs
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) – Work From Home
This position is 100% Remote (US only). You will be required to travel to Daytona Beach, FL quarterly.
We are seeking an energetic, engaging, and visionary Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with extensive experience within the information security field to join the Information Technology department in Daytona Beach, Florida or in a teleworking arrangement. The ideal candidate desires to be a part of a vibrant community of information technology professionals. The CISO plays a pivotal part in the development, implementation, and compliance of technical security across the company.
The CISO reports to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO), reports in a dotted line capacity to the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO), is a member of information technology’s senior leadership team and serves a key role within the community, working closely with senior leadership, academic leaders, computing committees, and the company at large. The position is an advocate for company information security requirements and is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive information security strategy to optimize the company’s security posture. She or he manages and develops information security initiatives such as policy, procedures, training and awareness; leveraging collaborations across the company. The CISO manages all aspects of the information technology response to security incidents, including digital forensics. The position works closely with company leadership to raise awareness, provide guidance and offer advice on security direction, resource investment, and risk mitigation. The CISO manages and monitors projects and tasks with regular reporting to the CIO and IT leadership. The position is primary contact for security vendors, managing the overall product portfolio. The complexity of this position requires an engaging, imaginative, and collaborative technology leader with proven ability to work with other leaders in balancing security strategies with company priorities.
Information Technology provides a modern, collaborative environment with on-site amenities, professional development opportunities, and a flexible summer work schedule. Company has a robust benefits package, from quality health care and retirement to generous education benefits.
– Mentor team and ensure highest level of performance through strong leadership and open communication. Ensure the quality and quantity of work meets the standards set by the company.
– Evaluate and makes recommendations for security changes, enhancements, policies and procedures, defining security standards. Responsible for defining tactics for preventions, detection, isolation and correction of security breaches. Coordinate and track information security audits, penetration testing, and risk management and mitigation efforts.
– Responsible for developing and controlling project plans and resource assignments to ensure timely and accurate completion. Responsible for developing tactical and strategic plans for data administration, system security planning, capacity planning quality control, operating system upgrades firmware and hardware upgrades with specific focus on information security.
– Collaborate with IT leadership to determine computing and information security needs. Provide guidance for the research, evaluation and integration of new technology defining security frameworks for new systems. Maintain open communication to better understand requirements and issues. Advise CIO on current trends and considerations. Provide executive level summaries for audiences such as board of trustees and the president’s core leadership team.
– Manage vendor relations, contracts and services for information security related products and services. Provide leadership with strategic input and direction for information security.
– Attend meetings and briefings related to information security. Participate in committees and task forces as assigned. Participate in the development of strategic and tactical plans. Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements, believing in our team and partners throughout the company, learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing determination, focus and tenacity.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity or related field.
– ISC(2), GIAC, and Cisco Certifications are strongly preferred.
– Solid experience leading security team in a higher education administrative and/or academic computing environment.
– Ability to learn new things and keep up with the pace of change in technology.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Possess and maintain security certifications.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Ability to communicate with various levels of users to understand the problem and maintain a positive, professional image.
– Excellent organizational and project management skills.
– Extensive knowledge of computer systems, computer network systems, telecommunications and all associated hardware, software and associated protocols.
– Extensive knowledge of threats, risk analysis and the development of security systems and protocols.
– Ability to collect the appropriate information from the user to expedite the resolution of the problem.
– Demonstrate good judgement in investigating and solving problems.
– Demonstrate ability to tactfully handle difficult situations and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
– Consistently show ability to recognize and deal with priorities. Recognize and perform duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned-assisting others as needed.
– Maintain cooperative working relationships.
– Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements, believing in our team and partners throughout the company, learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing determination, focus and tenacity.
Keywords: Daytona Beach FL Jobs, Chief Information Security Officer, Information Security, ISC(2), GIAC, Cisco, Cyber Security, Security Certifications, Florida Recruiters, IT Jobs, Florida Recruiting
Looking to hire a Chief Information Security Officer in Daytona Beach, FL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Chief Information Security Officers for jobs in Daytona Beach, Florida and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.