Website Gina’s Tech Jobs – Top Tech Recruiters
Technical Recruiting Firms for National IT Jobs
Firewall Engineer, Crownsville, MD
We are looking for a Firewall Engineer with hands-on Palo Alto experience. The Firewall Engineer will be responsible for engineering, implementation, and support of security solutions for a Security Operations Center. Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance. Candidates provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Firewall Engineer Responsibilities:
– Gap assessment and analysis of security solutions and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
– Implementation of scalable, redundant, and reliable firewall solutions.
– Security hardening firewall configurations.
– Configuration management and control of architectural/design/functional configuration changes to firewalls.
– Firewall brake-fix troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and support.
– Firewall patch/upgrade monitoring, reviews, maintenance scheduling and deployment.
– Management of firewall operational and security audits logs.
– Definition, development, and configuration of firewall security and operational alerts, dashboards, and reporting.
– Monitoring firewall operations and security alerts and dashboards.
– Defining, implementing, and monitoring process/procedures for maintaining the lifecycle firewall policies and rules.
– Configuration, maintenance, and support of additional firewall services such as URL filtering, Malware Sandboxing Analysis, Threat Intelligence Feeds, Threat Prevention, User ID etc.
– Provide firewall log correlation support for emerging and retroactive security incident investigations.
– Support the integration with other security tools such IDS/IPS, SIEM, NACs, VPN etc.
– Define requirements and develop role-based Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) documents.
Firewall Engineer Qualifications:
– At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Network Engineering/Architecture.
– At least 5 years of progressive hands-on experience in implementation and support of firewall technologies.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
– Must have current Palo Alto Certification (PCNSA or PCNSE)
– Hand-on experience with Palo Alto Panorama for centralized management of PANOS firewalls
– Self-starter, able to gather requirements, plan, execute firewall architecting and deployment efforts.
– Able to perform gap analysis and initiate and execute architectural improvements.
– Strong demonstrated experience with network security architecture, design, and implementation best-practices i.e., Defense-in-depth architecture, knowledge of emerging Zero Trust architecture.
– Hands-on experience with firewall architecture, design, and implementation.
– Hands-on experience with operational and security hardening configuration for firewall solutions.
– Hands-on experience with configuration management and change control for firewall solutions.
– Demonstrated experience with networking and switching protocols and infrastructure services, able to troubleshoot and identify DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi protocols, NTP, SNMP, routing, switching, and firewall issues affecting connectivity of applications and services.
– Must have working knowledge and understanding of network infrastructure components such as Routers, Switches, IDS, IPS, NAC, VPN Gateways, Wireless APs etc.
– Customer-oriented with excellent issue follow-through and resolution abilities.
– Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
– Utilize tools and analytical skills to plan and execute technical changes.
– Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
– Ability to effectively work both autonomously as well as on a team.
– Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, self-motivated and excellent presentation skills.
– Hands-on experience with Juniper firewalls.
– CISSP, CompTIA Security +, CCNA/CCNP Security, Juniper JNCIP-SEC or relevant industry security certifications.
– Cisco CCNA or CompTIA Network + or relevant networking industry certifications.
– Experience in project task technical analysis, planning, and estimation.
– Experience with technology capabilities market research, technical analysis/review, and recommendation.
– Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
– Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Keywords: Crownsville MD Jobs, Firewall Engineer, Network Engineer, Architecture, Firewall Technology, Palo Alto, Palo Alto Certification, PCNSA, PCNSE, Palo Alto Panorama, PANOS Firewalls, Zero Trust Architecture, DNS, DHCP, WiFI Protocols, NTP, SNMP, Routing, Switches, IDS, IPS, NAC, VPN Gateways, Wireless APs, Juniper Firewalls, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CCNA, CCNP, JNCIP-SEC, Public Trust Security Clearance, Networking, Maryland Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking for a top IT headhunter or top technical recruiting firm to help your company hire for similar positions in Crownsville, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiters and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Firewall Engineers for jobs in Crownsville, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiters and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 12 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
Information For Job Seekers > General Information | Find A Job | Submit Resume | How We Work | Trading Industry Tech Pros | Healthcare (HIT) | Security-Cleared | Successful Interviewing | Sample Interview Questions