Gina's Tech Jobs
SATCOM Network Engineer, Belleville, IL
Qualified candidates must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Candidates must also have a DoD 8750 certification at IAT Level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
This position provides 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities. Personnel shall provide support to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network. Candidate will be “mission essential” and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hr shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
– Perform IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, firewalls and voice equipment.
– Perform IP satellite modem support to include configuration and issue of option/boot files.
– Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SATCOM and IP network issues.
– Remotely access and de-access customers into the IP/SATCOM networks.
– Verify equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and react to alarms as necessary.
– Remotely provide global equipment configurations at DoD SATCOM Gateways utilizing the Satellite Access Authorization (SAA) and Gateway Access Authorization (GAA).
– Utilize ticketing applications to aid in customer problem tracking and resolution in all aspects of the network integral to our client’s Baseband, IF, and RF Communications.
– High School diploma and 4+ years. of relevant experience, additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
– Be able to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in written form.
– Must possess DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
– Minimum Secret clearance with the ability to acquire a Top Secret SSBI.
– Moderate level IP/Networking experience including hands-on configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and IP Modems.
– Moderate level knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
– Moderate understanding and experience with the operation/configuration of MILSATCOM encryption devices.
– Moderate understanding and experience in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR).
– Moderate understanding and experience with Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
– Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
– Ability to manage IP over SATCOM networks using iDirect or equivalent FM-TDMA hubs.
Keywords: Belleville IL Jobs, SATCOM Network Engineer, Routers, Switches, IP Modems, Firewalls, VoIP, Call Manager, MILSATCOM, Illinois Recruiters, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
Looking to hire a SATCOM Network Engineer in Belleville, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire SATCOM Network Engineers for jobs in Belleville, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
We are IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies specializing in full-time direct hire recruitment and contract IT job opportunities. Information technology employment agencies and IT recruiting firms for technical jobs. Expert IT recruiters and top IT search firms for companies and job seekers.
Here are some cities that we do technical staffing and IT recruiting for:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC