Gina's Tech Jobs
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
– Work collaboratively with technology and business teams on all aspects of a global trading and research infrastructure.
– Research and implement enhancements to infrastructure systems as well as automation and monitoring.
– Explore and work with industry leading technology and hardware.
– Work alongside industry experts in the fields of finance and technology.
– Lead/mentor junior team members.
– Take ownership of and leading projects from start to finish including design, roll out, and testing.
– Work on challenging and dynamic problems in a team atmosphere.
– Past or present experience in the trading industry or at an exchange is required.
– Low-Latency experience is required for this role.
– 5+ years of experience with systems engineering oriented tasks.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent field.
– Strong Linux experience working with Linux servers in bare metal and virtualized environments.
– Experience with scripting languages and automation tools.
– Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
– Trading industry experience preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Must be willing to take ownership and lead others.
– Problem solvers who are driven, self-motivated, and “outside of the box” thinkers.
– Motivated, dependable, and responsible team players.
*Looking for candidates from top tier universities with a strong GPA. PhD in mathematics, statistics, physics or engineering is preferred. Will consider candidates who have a Master’s degree along with work experience. Top universities include Massachusetts Institute of Technology/MIT, Carnegie Mellon University, Princeton University, Harvard University, University of California-Berkeley, Stanford University, University of Chicago, California Institute of Technology, University of California, Los Angeles, Columbia University, New York University, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Yale University, Cornell University, Brown University, etc.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Senior Linux Systems Engineer, Linux Servers, Scripting, Automation Tools, TCP/IP, Networking Concepts, Trading Infrastructure, Financial, Software Engineer, Architect, Programmer Analyst, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Relocate Candidates To Chicago! Company Will Sponsor Candidates!
Looking to hire a Senior Linux Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Senior Linux Systems Engineers for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.