Gina's Tech Jobs
Server Engineer, Plano, TX
The Server Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the development of various hardware offerings, with a particular emphasis on the development products. This is a full time position within the Hardware Engineering division of the company’s Information Technology (IT) organization and requires daily attendance at the company’s Plano, Texas headquarters and has a dual reporting structure, with responsibilities under both the Director of Software Engineering and Director of Systems Administration.
– Evaluating partner provided server hardware and specifications and determining the appropriate means of adaptation of such hardware into the company’s systems and form factors.
– Physically installing, uninstalling, modifying and performing other tasks relating to internally developed, partner or customer provided equipment.
– Developing procedures for both internal and external use relating to the adaptation, testing, qualification and certification of various practices relating to the adaptation of hardware and other topics.
– Maintaining an inventory of internal and externally owned parts, components, and intellectual property.
– Assisting with the process of undergoing regulatory testing and approval of various products and systems.
– Provide tier 2 and tier 3 application support for both internal and external users.
– Performing other tasks and undertaking additional roles and responsibilities as directed and required by company management.
– Expert level of experience relating to all server grade hardware components, including motherboards, chassis, power supplies, processors, memory, storage devices, RAID controllers, network interfaces, riser cards, and peripherals.
– Familiarity with the Open Compute Project, Open19, or similar “open source data center hardware” platform.
– Experience with the installation, removal and testing of server hardware.
– Familiarity with the operation of enterprise grade and data center server environments.
– Experience with the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures relating to the testing of equipment and assurance of quality control.
– The ability to work independently, as part of a team, or as the manager of multiple teams working towards simultaneous parallel or independent objectives.
– The ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
– Effective written and oral communication skills.
Keywords: Plano TX Jobs, Server Engineer, Hardware Components, Motherboard, Chassis, Power Supplies, Processors, Memory, Storage Devices, RAID Controllers, Riser Cards, Peripherals, Open Source Data Center Hardware, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Server Engineer in Plano, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Server Engineers for jobs in Plano, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.