Website Gina’s Tech Jobs – Top Tech Recruiters
Technical Recruiting for National IT Jobs
Controller, CPA Required, Washington, DC
The Controller supports the company’s goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. Performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork, job knowledge and leadership. The Controller has a direct reporting responsibility to the CEO for matters of Balance Sheet management. The Controller also has a direct reporting responsibility to the CEO for Income Statement matters particularly related to operational soundness and profitability.
The Controller assists with the formulation of company strategic objectives and supports the achievement of those objectives through effective management of the Accounting department. The Controller is responsible within the strategic objectives of the company for initiating and/or supporting opportunities to improve cost management and increase profitability within existing revenues. This position also oversees the development and maintenance of systems and operating practices to ensure accurate financial and customer accounting.
– Establish financial controls for the organization.
– Establish consolidated financial reporting for the organization.
– Perform monthly General Ledger closing and related preparation of financial statements.
– Prepare accurate and timely financial reports and maintain supporting documentation.
– Support and oversee the independent audit of all tax and financial records.
– Perform/oversee necessary reconciliations of general ledger accounts to sub-ledgers, banks statements and other documents or record from related party.
– Maintain sound policies and procedures for disbursing and managing company funds.
– Monitor compliance to best practices of accounting department.
– Provide for the safeguarding and recording of company assets (i.e., inventory, fixed assets, cash in bank).
– Oversee development of procedures for maintaining timely and accurate customer records, superior customer service, support to internal and external customers, etc.
– Ensure accurate and timely preparation of sales and use tax, business, property and personal property tax returns.
– Provide assistance analyses to management team as needed.
– Maintain confidentiality of company and employee information.
– Ensure proper handling and distribution of company funds.
– Implement ERP software into acquired companies..
– Support acquisition underwriting through due diligence efforts as well as proper purchase price accounting.
– Provide ad hoc internal reporting, as well as external reporting to internal customers i.e., departmental leaders.
– Work with Business Intelligence reporting tools.
– Establish key performance indicators and related reporting cadence.
– Perform monthly analytics for assigned areas.
– Assist with the preparation of annual financial budget.
– Establish 13-week cash flow forecast and maintain cash forecasting reports.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
– Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial reporting and GL maintenance required.
– Candidates must have prior experience as a controller (not assistant controller).
– Experience with preparing consolidated financial statements for a company with multiple divisions/business units required.
– CPA required.
– Prior experience in a private equity portfolio company preferred.
– Advanced working knowledge of Excel and ERP systems required.
– Public Accounting experience preferred.
Keywords: Washington, DC Jobs, Controller, Accounting, CPA, Excel, ERP Systems, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, GL, Public Accounting, Business Intelligence, Washington, DC Recruiters, IT Jobs, Washington, DC Recruiting
Looking for a top IT headhunter or top technical recruiting firm to help your company hire for similar positions in Washington, DC or in other cities? Our IT recruiters and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Controllers for jobs in Washington, DC and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiters and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
Information For Job Seekers > General Information | Find A Job | Submit Resume | How We Work | Trading Industry Tech Pros | Healthcare (HIT) | Security-Cleared | Successful Interviewing | Sample Interview Questions