Gina's Tech Jobs
FPGA Electrical Engineer – Work From Home
A rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London, New York and Amsterdam, is seeking experienced FPGA Engineers to research, design and develop custom hardware for its trading teams. Responsibilities include architecting and coding FPGA designs in a hardware description language, producing design documents, performing timing analysis and floor planning, and validating and analyzing designs for errors and efficiency.
The ideal FPGA Electrical Engineer should be a highly motivated individual with a proven track record. Capable of working independently or as part of a team, demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and is collaborative in their approach to solving problems. This position requires excellent communication skills as FPGA Engineers interact with both immediate team members, other technologists and traders.
– 9+ years experience in FPGA design, including of experience in the full FPGA design life cycle, tool flow and network applications.
– Familiarity with Secure IP and experience evaluating vendor IP cores.
– Familiarity with Vivado toolset.
– Ethernet experience (10G or higher), network protocols.
– High frequency trading industry experience highly preferred.
– Networking/communication protocol use and experience.
– Trading industry experience is required for this position.
– Familiarity with the financial services industry is a plus.
– Excellent knowledge of and proficiency with Verilog and VHDL.
– Proficiency with a full simulator such as ModelSim.
– Ability to transition between hardware languages and abstraction layers on an as needed basis and demonstrate excellence throughout.
– Excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently or part of a team.
– Familiarity with C, C++, Python or other scripting languages is a plus.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
– Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, FPGA Electrical Engineer, FPGA, VHDL, Verilog, Vivado, ModelSim, ISE Design, Secure IP, IP Cores, Network Protocols, Financial, Trading, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire a FPGA Electrical Engineer in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire FPGA Electrical Engineers for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.