Website Gina’s Tech Jobs – Top Tech Recruiters
Technical Recruiting for National IT Jobs
IT Support Specialist, Chicago, IL
The IT Support Specialist supports and manages, in coordination with the Applications Support Specialist, and with the Company’s outsourced managed services provider, all automated systems: accounting, word processing, data and voice communications, and internet, incorporating, when appropriate, new technological advances. Provide ongoing technical support and daily maintenance of all software applications, pc’s, hardware, and telecommunications. Is responsive to users’ requests and keeps them updated as to progress on remediation of an issue. This position requires you to be onsite 1 day a week and will change to 3 days a week in the future.
– Responsible for the evaluation, recommendation, and support of the implementation, installation, and integration of hardware, software, networking, data and voice communications technologies and applications.
– Evaluate and make recommendations for enhancement or replacement of existing automated systems based on new technological advances.
– Prepare and monitor annual IT budget and expenditures.
– Monitor new information requirements identified by the Technology Committee, practice groups, secretaries and staff; plan and implement system modifications.
– Develop and/or ensure the development of standardized documentation for all major systems, network infrastructure, and communications.
– Maintain relationships with network, hardware, and software vendors to ensure efficient operation of systems.
– Monitor the network daily including traffic and performance optimization.
– Create, maintain, and remove network users, work groups, and servers.
– Monitor remote access capabilities, electronic gateways, and related security.
– Provide support with uploading cost recovery files into Rippe, which includes building the computer that handles the cost uploads.
– Provide and coordinate all firm-wide voice and data communications, including but not limited to all inbound and outbound data communications via PRI, T1, and future technologies.
– Ensure that complete backups of all data and voice applications are up to date, complete, and safe.
– Ensure disaster recovery procedures are effective and up to date.
– Coordinate with the outsourced help desk. Produce reports that show trends and suggest training needed.
– Maintain the ShoreTel telephone system and perform all moves, adds, and changes to the databases.
– Install and upgrade application software.
– Install, configure, and maintain all hardware.
– Manage, maintain and troubleshoot mobile devices.
– 3+ years of technical support experience in a Windows environment.
– Experience supporting Microsoft Office, Citrix, and SQL Server.
– Prior experience upgrading Microsoft Office, Windows OS and/or Exchange servers a big plus.
– Possess a positive, customer service-oriented, professional presence.
– Good communication skills.
– Organized and resourceful with a sense of urgency.
– College degree a plus.
– Microsoft certifications a plus.
– Experience supporting a law firm a plus.
– Experience supporting DocsCorp a plus.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, IT Support Specialist, Windows, LAN, MS Office, Citrix, SQL Server, Exchange Servers, DocsCorp, Law Firm, Network, Networking, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking for a top IT headhunter or top technical recruiting firm to help your company hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire IT Support Specialists for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 12 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
Information For Job Seekers > General Information | Find A Job | Submit Resume | How We Work | Trading Industry Tech Pros | Healthcare (HIT) | Security-Cleared | Successful Interviewing | Sample Interview Questions