Website Gina’s Tech Jobs – Top Tech Recruiters
Technical Recruiting Firms for National IT Jobs
Lead GIS Software Developer, St. Louis, MO
Qualified Lead GIS Software Developer candidates must be able to supply proof of US Citizenship in order to be authorized to perform work or have access to information on this government project. This is NOT a Work From Home / Remote position.
We are seeking a Lead GIS Software Developer to join the team at St. Louis, MO. This position offers competitive compensation and remote opportunities during the pandemic (on-site work will be required after the restrictions are lifted).
– Responsible for the feature functionality of the product and voicing feasibility when ideating product solution ideas.
– Individual must have senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software programs.
– Responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to design and update software databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Owner.
– Recommend improvements to existing software applications as necessary.
– Individual shall be capable of performing the software tasks identified in the contract requirements in forming and working on the integrated product team.
– Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical degree or 6 years’ experience in related technical field.
– 6 years of experience with Agile and lean philosophies.
– Experience utilizing, creating, and analyzing GIS and other location-based data.
– Astute ability in performing test-driven development, in an Agile software development environment, where built in automated test procedures and continuous integration of software and continuous delivery of software to the Government is the culture. This competency is required to further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
– Experience with cloud-native platforms for deploying web applications.
– Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) pipeline tools (e.g., PCF, Jenkins) and techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
– Experience with open-source Geospatial Information Service tools and libraries such as GeoPandas, QGIS and PostGIS.
– Use of and development with at least one common geospatial tools dataset, and operating platform. These may include but are not limited to: Tools: Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostgreSQL, and/or other geospatial databases, QGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File Geodatabases. Data formats including GDB, SHP, GEOJSON, and similar geo-related formats. Operating Platforms: ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or similar. Proprietary tool languages, like ArcPy.
– Development of customized code, scripts, modules, macro procedures, and libraries to implement specialized spatial functions using Python3 and SQL.
– Query and management skills with geospatial and non-geospatial PostgreSQL, PostGIS and Structured Query Language (SQL) databases.
– Demonstrated experience with configuration and use of DevOps tools to maintain a functioning build pipeline.
– Demonstrated experience with Git and Git workflows to manage team software development.
– Demonstrated experience with Docker software containerization and workflows.
– Basic experience and familiarity with GIS software(s).
– Demonstrated Experience with paired programmed on an Agile team.
– Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
– Candidate must be able to supply proof of US Citizenship.
Looking for a top IT headhunter or top technical recruiting firm to help your company hire for similar positions in St. Louis, MO or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Lead GIS Software Developers for jobs in St. Louis, Missouri and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
Information For Job Seekers > General Information | Find A Job | Submit Resume | How We Work | Trading Industry Tech Pros | Healthcare (HIT) | Security-Cleared | Successful Interviewing | Sample Interview Questions