Website Gina’s Tech Jobs – Top Tech Recruiters
Technical Recruiting Firms for National IT Jobs
Low Latency Network Engineer, Trading – Work From Home
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Low Latency Network Engineer to join a growing IT team. This position is 100% Remote.
Low Latency Network Engineer Responsibilities:
– Day to day support of network and application environments.
– Interact with all IT functional areas (e.g., architecture, design, network engineering, Helpdesk/Desktop support, application development and support).
– Design the global network infrastructure.
– Encompass all low latency network connectivity, WAN/LAN, multicast routing, datacenter design, troubleshooting intermittent packet loss, latency issues, trading system connectivity as well as various security initiatives.
– Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures.
– Troubleshoot intricate network and systems issues down to the bit level and up to the application layer.
– Provide critical thinking to complex problems in a 24/7, mission critical network environment.
– Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
– Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
– Remote datacenter design support and management.
– Assist in hardware/software purchases.
– On-call rotation.
– Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
Low Latency Network Engineer Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university in computer science, preferred, but not required.
– 5+ years’ experience in Network Administration/Engineering.
– Must have Low Latency experience.
– Thorough understanding of the TCP/IP suite.
– Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
– Experience with L1 hardware, implementation and troubleshooting.
– Detailed knowledge of the OSI layers 1-4 and associated equipment.
– Experience with advanced network concepts and technologies such as QoS, CoS, IDS/IPS, VoIP, flow control, STP, NAT, protocol tuning, store-and-forward switching and cut-through switching.
– Experience with packet sniffing applications (Snort, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netmon, etc).
– Experience performance tuning networking infrastructures.
– Experience with cloud network management such as AWS, GCP, etc.
– Experience within the financial industry with a robust background in network architecture, maintenance and monitoring.
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact with management, vendors and external parties and should be able to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals.
– Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to work independently as well as a team player.
Analytical and detail orientated.
– Must be willing to work some weekend shifts in support of maintenance and participate in on-call rotation duties.
– Extensive experience with multicast networks including design and troubleshooting.
– Experience optimizing exchange connectivity performance.
– Experience with managing connectivity for a largely remote workforce (software/hardware VPNs, head end units, load balancers, etc.).
– Experience with NG firewall implementation and monitoring a plus.
– Experience with Python a plus.
– Must have experience in 24×7 environments.
– Experience with environments leveraging FPGAs a plus.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Low Latency Network Engineer, Low Latency, TCP/IP, Multicast, Multicasting, LAN, WAN, BGP, OSPF, OSI Layers, QoS, CoS, IDS, IPS, VoIP, Flow Control, STP, NAT, Routers, Switches, TCPDump, Netmon, AWS, GPS, Networking, Network Architecture, Trading, Financial, Remote, Work From Home, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking for a top IT headhunter or top technical recruiting firm to help your company hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Low Latency Network Engineers for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 12 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
Information For Job Seekers > General Information | Find A Job | Submit Resume | How We Work | Trading Industry Tech Pros | Healthcare (HIT) | Security-Cleared | Successful Interviewing | Sample Interview Questions