Website Gina’s Tech Jobs – Top Tech Recruiters
Technical Recruiting Firms for National IT Jobs
Windows / Linux Systems Administrator – Work From Home
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Systems Administrator to join a growing IT team. The ideal Systems Administrator is likely to have worked within the financial industry with a robust background in systems architecture, maintenance and monitoring. The Systems Administrator will be added to an existing IT team which s/he will interact with on a daily basis. This position interacts with all IT functional areas (e.g., systems architecture, design, Helpdesk/Desktop support, application development, and support). The Systems Administrator will be someone who can design and improve core technology at the firm that includes Active Directory architecture, Exchange design/architecture, proxy servers, security design, datacenter design. In addition, the role will be exposed to troubleshooting scenarios such as intermittent packet loss, latency issues, exchange server malfunctions, trading system connectivity, and equipment failure. The successful Systems Administrator must excel at multitasking, and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment. This is a 100% Remote opportunity.
– Day to day support of server and application environments.
– Work closely with all IT functional areas to design and implement operational requirements for new and existing IT systems.
– Troubleshoot intricate systems and networking issues down to the bit level and up to the application layer.
– Provide critical thinking to complex problems in a 24/7, mission critical mixed Windows/Linux environment.
– Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
– Install new /rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings directories and storage in accordance with company standards.
– Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
– Remote datacenter design support and management.
– On-call rotation.
– Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
– B.S. C.S. / MIS Degree.
– Active or near completion of MCSE, CCNA or similar IT certification a plus.
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact with management, vendors and external parties and should be able to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals.
– Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to work independently as well as a team player.
– Must be willing to work some weekend shifts in support of maintenance and participate in on-call rotation duties.
– Strong understanding of the TCP/IP suite.
– Experience with Ansible and automating a Windows environment.
– Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Server.
– Experience with packet sniffing applications (Snort, TCPDump, Wireshark).
– Knowledge of the latest in server hardware technology and trends.
– Experience with core system administration and troubleshooting for Windows.
– Solid knowledge of scripting languages (bash, python, PowerShell).
– Experience with bug/ticket tracking systems like JIRA a plus.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Windows / Linux Systems Administrator, Windows, Linux, Ansible, TCP/IP, Active Director, Exchange Server, Snort, TCPDump, Wireshark, Scripting, JIRA, Trading, Financial, Remote, Work From Home, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking for a top IT headhunter or top technical recruiting firm to help your company hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Windows / Linux Systems Administrators for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 12 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
Information For Employers > General Information | About Us | How We Work | Trading Industry | Healthcare Information Technology | Government Contract Expertise | Request Services
Information For Job Seekers > General Information | Find A Job | Submit Resume | How We Work | Trading Industry Tech Pros | Healthcare (HIT) | Security-Cleared | Successful Interviewing | Sample Interview Questions
General Information > About Us | Our Values | Meet Our President | Position Types | Technologies | Blog | Coverage Area